Saturday 9 April 2016

Who would be the audience for your media product? EVALUATION 4

Our audience research showed that thrillers are still a really popular genre, The Revenant (Inarritu, 2016) proved this by having an 85% 'liked' on rotten tomato and has 8.2 stars on IMDb. Also, London has Fallen (Najafi, 2016) had 97% of people who wanted to see it. Our audience research also showed us that people liked a fast paced movie, in order for it to be a good thriller. Breakdown (Malachi, 2016) was criticized as too slow and so only got 5.3 stars on IMBd. 

This audience research urged us to do something fast paced, therefore we added sound effects from the start and not much back story was revealed at the beginning. Without doing audience research, I think our opening would've been slow and not appealed to our target audience. 

We've targeted at teens and so we pitched to our class of 16-17 year old's. (Older posts on our blog show this interview), and thus I think our opening is successful in attracting the right audience. 

Here I have drawn what I think someone in our target audience would look like- 

Firstly, I think they would wear normal maybe more alternative clothes such as jeans and a gig t-shirt. I drew them as a girl because, I watch a lot of thrillers myself and a lot of my girl- friends do too although, a lot of boys like thrillers too such as I am Legend (2007). 

I think that thrillers are a mix of action and horrors and that people are attracted to less gore and more thrill. I think a our audience members would have an exiting life, and that thrill is included in every aspect of it.

My drawn target audience is listening to music such as The Wombats or Two Door Cinema Club, they are both upbeat artists which again translates into the films they like.
A song would be - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayuooyWPEUc .

The age certificate is 15, this is because we want to draw in as many teens as possible but also want it to be appropriate for our audience therefore we would want to include swear words etc, so the age certificate couldn't be any lower.

To conclude, the audience for our media product would be a teenager into gigs and genres such as action and horrors as well as thrillers. They would be quite alternative and "cool", and ages above 15 would be interested in the film as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment